The Civic Education and Advocacy Department spearheads formulation, coordination and implementation of educational, training and capacity building programs aimed at promoting good relations, harmony and peaceful co-existence between persons of the different ethnic and racial communities of Kenya.
The core functions of the Civic Education and Advocacy Department (CEAD) include:
- Formulation and development of responsive public awareness strategies and programs Implementation of programs and activities that create public awareness, support and advancement of national cohesion and integration in liaison with other stakeholders;
- Development and dissemination of Information, Education and Communication programs for the promotion of national cohesion and integration;
- Coordinating the development and implementation of relevant policies and programs for the achievement of national cohesion and integration;
- Liaising with Government Departments and Agencies and the private sector in mainstreaming national cohesion and integration;
- Creation of networks and partnerships with national and county stakeholders to facilitate the achievement of the objectives of the Commission;
- Coordinating with National and County Governments to promote equality of opportunity, good relations, harmony and peaceful co-existence between persons of the different ethnic and racial.