Specific duties and responsibilities of the Finance and Accounts section include:
- Overseeing finance management and accounting services at the Commission;
- Control and coordinate both routine and non routine accounts;
- Accurate preparation of financial statements and overall expenditure of the Commission;
- Maintenance of records such as vote books, cash books, ledgers etc.;
- Ensuring the adherence of all financial rules and regulations;
- Coordinating preparation of the Commission’s budget;
- Reviewing the Budget implementation to ensure it is in line with the budgeted activities.